Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Holy February!


I declare February the official "holy Jeans" month! You get perfectly good jeans in August to get ready for school and they only last 6 months? Whoever it was that said you have to worry about your kids growing out of their jeans first didn't have kids like mine. (I do admit that 4 of these pairs are hand-me-downs, but they were new to us!)Play on, play on... cut off shorts anyone?I almost forgot... Aaron's embarrassing moment last week while coaching a basketball game. He bent down to draw up a play during a time out and everyone heard a "riiiiippppp." Good thing one of the boys had his warm up jacket handy so Aaron could tie it around his waist. (Actually an assistant female coach handed him her purple jacket first :) He wasn't too happy when I laughed hysterically while he told the story. I love you baby, you make me laugh :) So much for jeans at our house!

8 comments:

Erin. said...

Amen to the jeans problem!! Em and Jake are terrible about getting holes. I always thought I'd be blessed to have hand-me-downs from Em to Natalie, but most things just don't make it that far!! Maybe you could make a demim quilt?? Or, cut them all off for summer...we did that last year and they worked great! Oh, one more thing...I've found that if I'm willing to pay a little more for jeans (Old Navy, for jake) they DO seem to last longer. All the Target/Walmart ones last just a few months and then they're garbage!! Good Luck, Sista!

HeavenlyHome said...

Two posts in a week!!! I am sooooo happy!

For the FIRST time, Christian outgrew his jeans this year before they lost the knee....he shot up like crazy!!!! Now we actually have some decent hand me downs for Jonah and Indy!

Love Halle headband....and did alana get her hair cut?

Love you guys!

Jen said...

Did you know that if you buy your jeans at Shopko, they will replace them same brand, same size if your kids out WEAR them before they out GROW them. Best deal ever. I haven't found ANY jeans that can really stand up to my kids...holes in the knees are just a fact of life. In fact, Logan got a new pair of jeans for his bday...had a hole in the knee one week later. Shopko really is the best deal I've found. Good luck!

Anie said...

HILARIOUS!!! Haven't had a holy jean problem with Madi yet- she got 2 pairs from another mom in the ward and has worn them for a whole year now with no problem. But she also doesn't like to get dirty. Maybe someday if I ever have a boy I'll get to experience this! :) I think I remember us always wearing the cut off shorts!! Nice! That pic of all your kids is awesome- especially with little Halle trying to sit up in the bumbo! TOO CUTE! Ok, and I have to say- we got Halle's baby announcement in the mail yesterday, and WOW!!! So crafty Liza!!!! I loved it- EVERY bit of it! THANK YOU for sending us one! YOu are SO on the ball! A newborn plus 3 other kids and you're still going strong. Spencer was bummed when I didn't get to Christmas cards this year. I figure if people care- they'll check the blog- RIGHT?!!? I like how you threw that (your blog address) in on the card! :) Anyways- love you SO much! Glad to see you're doing FABULOUS with 4 kids! Oh how I hope it's not too long before we get to see you guys again! miss you!
xoxoxoxo

The Days of your Life said...

Make shorts....as long as they fit, you have a new wardrobe. Even play shorts are better than nothing!
We have the same problem at our house - now I am wishing I had a Shopko around! Check that one out! Alana might put them out of business!
Or just iron patches - school's out in just a few months and it might help them last. Just be glad you didn't pay full price for them! Thank goodness ofr hand-me-downs and thrift stores.
Miss you guys!

Lynne said...

Well!!!!! We'll just add that sound to the same one Dad's "jeans" nearly always made at least twice a month when he was in bowling leagues!!!! Note: I learned to use fishing line to repair them since they were usually the pair that was only two to three months "new"!!!xoxoxoxoxo

Chuckleheads said...

I can add afew pairs to that for ya....Maddie is like an honorary Cothran. :)

amber said...

Now you know why you never get hand-me-down jeans from our house. We switched to mostly tan khaki cargos and workout pants. You wouldn't think they'd be tougher than jeans, but they are!!! I say skip making shorts and just throw the darn things out. Jeans are too hot in sumer :)