Monday, September 20, 2010

One big item to check off the bucket list

I did it! I really, truly did it! I ran a Marathon! 26.2 miles.
This is me right after coming through the finish line. All I wanted to do was bury my head in Aaron's shoulder and cry. I hit my "wall" at 21 miles. I truly did not think I could go any further and I still had 5 miles left. When I hit 13.1 I was at 1 hour, 50 min. I finished 26.2 in 4 hours, 18 minutes. It was the Top of Utah Marathon in Logan. Thanks Ashton's for letting us stay with you! My cousin Sacha has been training with me for 5 months. I could not have done it without her!
Are we there yet? 26.2 on our shirts.
It was crazy and I am crazy sore. I'm glad I did it but I will never do another one.
Marathon by 30....check. Sacha made us famous with her story... www.triathletesedge.com/run/my-fist-marathon.com/

Done and DONE!

10 comments:

Lynne said...

WooooooooHooooooo!!!! Good on you girl! I, for one, would never have attempted it the FIRST time!!

That baby girl is one of the cutest, most beautiful, adorable, adorable, adorable!!!! Well, ya'll get the picture!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

HeavenlyHome said...

Way to go...and go....and go.....26.2 times!
The crazy thing is...you LOOK great even at the end! You are a remarkable lady!

Brin said...

Eliza, you're amazing!!!!!!!! Well done, you are so inspiring! You really do look amazing at the end of 26.2.

The Hansen Family said...

...And done.

Tisha said...

that's awesome!!! wow!! so proud of you!! you look awesome! I didn't know you were doing a Marathon! I hear the Logan race is a fun one! way to go! I hear ya.... It's so much work to train, I think I'll do another one, maybe when I turn 40! so fun sacha did it with you! wish I was there to run with you guys! love you liza sue!

Jamie said...

You are AMAZING and my hero! Way to go!

Christin said...

I miss you and Sacha! :`(

DeborahDawn said...

Congrats! What an achievement!

amber said...

As we say in the Cothran family:
BRAVO!!!!!!!!

kim said...

I've always known you were Super Woman! Thanks for coming out of the closet and proving it!